Wednesday, January 20

First Post

Hey there, Brinsfield SEEKers (can I call you that?),


As I shared in our SG time, I'm initiating this blog so that we can take our conversations beyond Thursday night. If we're really going to learn from each passage we're studying, we can't just discuss it on a Thursday night and then leave it there. If we want to be good disciples, we have to live out God's Word and think on it all the time. So I want this to be a resource and an avenue for us to do that. As we discuss passages and you have thoughts or questions later, add them here in the comments.

I simply want this blog to be a tool for you to become a better disciple by sharing thoughts and questions.

Each week, I'll try to include our text, some of the questions and points we discussed, and possibly some resources for looking further into the week's passage/topic.

For now, here's an overview of the passages we will discuss for the semester:
Jan 21 - Matthew 7:24-27
Jan 28 - Contentment as seen in Philippians 4
Feb 4 - Convocation week - A time of worship
Feb 11, Feb 18, Feb 25, March 4, and (tentatively) March 11 - A series on Paul's letters to Timothy
March 18 - SPRING BREAK!
March 25 - A special event with a guest speaker
April 1 - EASTER BREAK!

Anything after April 1st is still up in the air. And obviously, these plans may change somewhat as well.

No comments: